Monday Monday Roll Call

lynnc99
on 6/3/12 11:31 pm
Just checking in after several days of very little time online. We have made great progress on the house and it continues for the next 36 hours or so....boxes, big goodwill runs, giving things to friends...

Thank heaven my SIL Pam is around to help and motivate! The dog is having a bit of a breakdown so she is at our neighbors' right now where life is more orderly.

Mike has a 6 month lease on an apt nearby, and hopefully that will see us thru to the days he wraps it up at this job.

Last Friday was a special day because Nicole and I finally got to meet face to face for breakfast! Great conversation, and a great time. It's sad that this happened just as I am moving, but it is also s great credit to how well acquainted we can become via electronic media! The power of online friendships is always fascinating to me, partly because I am part of a dynamic group of women that had been together since 1997 - back in the days of compuserve!

Last week I also worked a few days st the Apple store in Lancaster, which was actually a wonderful respite from the boxes and packing tape.

So that's about it from this side of the world. How 'bout you?

Laureen S.
on 6/4/12 12:09 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Monday Morning Lynn,

Glad to see you posting the Monday a.m. roll call. . .  sounds like your progress on cleaning out the house is going well and it's always good to have someone to motivate us along. . .  I remember my Dillinger, everytime he saw boxes or suitcases (because we had moved a number of times living in NYC), he would get anxious, then we moved for the last time in his life, when I bought my house down in SNJ (a bit more than 9 years ago now) and I remember well that last day in Queens, got him in the car and he slept most of the way to our new home. . .  he lived the last almost 7 years of his life in peace and had a nice big yard to patrol and lord over, but even then, when I would take my suitcases out to go on a trip, or would be boxing stuff up, I could see that anxiety, but he learned that I always would return to him. . .  dogs are such sensitive creatures. . .  there are definitely positives about the electronic media, heaven knows, I've made a host of friends via the OFF (Over Fifty Forum) board here on OH, women from all over the country and have managed to get together with a group of them several times and we all stay in touch via a Forum that one of them set up, that is separate from OH. . .

Anyway, my day today started with the gym and will end with visiting with an AA sponsee *****sides in a local (Wilmington, DE) halfway house with several other women in recovery, we will have dinner and then I will drive home, spend some time with my Roxie girl and to bed. . .  in between all this, I shall work and make a noontime AA meeting.

Hope you, and anyone reading this, has a wonderful day!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 6/4/12 12:29 am
 GM Lynn and PA!

I am so glad that you are making progress with moving and packing! I am also glad that you got to meet Nicole in person. She is such agood hearted person. We spent Saturday evening with her and Jason. They are such a hoot!!

Today it is wor****il 3:30' then dropping my car off for an estimate on the damage from our accident. They are setting me up with a rental since my back bumper is hanging off the car! After that I will be going home to do some things around the house. 

Hope everyone has a great day!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 6/4/12 7:50 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good Evening!
Glad to hear that you have made such great progress on the house.  Hider is still having issues with the house, when we change something that she's become used to.  Freaks her out, we go through days of her hissing at us and running from one end of the room to the other looking like the halloween cat with the back up in the air.  It is funny but I feel so bad for her.  The only room she knows does not change is the old bedroom and that room is worse than a horders episode.

Glad to hear you got to meet Nicole.  I'm looking forward to meeting her once our schedules are in sync.  Sorry I have not had the chance to meet you in person.  The power of online friendships fascinates me as well.

My weekend was one of me being out of it, medication the doctor perscribed for me Friday, took one does Friday night and then every 8 hours on Saturday.  Have no idea where the weekend went.  I slept through most of it.  My daughter sent me an email today, her hubby was over on Saturday working on the house with Gene, he told her I looked sad.  I told her I was not sad I was on drugs.  Yesterday I stopped taking them so that they would be out of my system for me to drive to work today and actually work. 

Saturday our workout/sewing/anything room was painted - I love the colors and the way I used them in the room.  Although I didn't do the painting, Gene asked me how I wanted the colors, I showed him and it's beautiful and cheery, and will make a great room to be creative or to take a walk on the treadmill.  I can't wait till it's finished....

Hope you all have a great evening...

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 6/4/12 9:30 am - Perry, MI
 Greetings Lynn,
I am so glad to hear you are making so,e progress in your packing.  I remember the chaos of packing my upstairs apartment.  Utley lost a lot of his running area as the boxes piled up each day.  I put him in the kennel the actual day of my move.  Petsmart has what they call "Doggy Daycamp" which is open from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm, and it is $20.  The staff there loves Utley, and he actually pulls me to the hotel once we are in the store.  When I was in the hospital, my sister kept Utley, but put him in daycamp with her dogs, when she went to work.  It helped tire him out.  

I got some cleaning done today.  Got my living room and kitchen floors dusted and mopped.  Then my hall and bedroom vaccuumed.  Cleaned up lots of dog hair.  

Tonight is my date with the Phillies.  Hopefully, they will get the game in, but it has started to rain in the first inning.

I totally appreciate what you mean about cyber friendships.  I have made phone contact with some friends I met on a Christian blog site.  I have also met a friend from Obesity Help's Over Fifty Forum.  Of course, I met some Barix friends from here at support groups.  I wanted to get back there on Saturday, but I am contagious with the shingles, and didn't want to expose anyone who is not immune, or whose immune system is compromised.

Gotta scoot.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views